Me’raj Night and Mab’as Day
17 February 2023
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
سُبْحَانَ الَّذِي أَسْرَىٰ بِعَبْدِهِ لَيْلًا مِّنَ الْمَسْجِدِ الْحَرَامِ إِلَى الْمَسْجِدِ الْأَقْصَى الَّذِي بَارَكْنَا حَوْلَهُ لِنُرِيَهُ مِنْ آيَاتِنَا
Glory to (Allah) Who did take His servant for a Journey by night from Masjid-e-Haram to Masjid-e-Aqsa, whose precincts We did bless- in order that We might show him some of Our Signs
(Surat ul Isra’- 1)
Roza on Mab’as Day ‘Mo’tius-su’alaat’: On the auspicious day of Mab’as we perform roza to celebrate the beginning of Islam and the many ihsaans and blessings of our Nabi Mustafa. According to our Ahlul Bayt AS if a Mumin does roza on Mab’as day and does iftaar by pray Allahumma ya mu’tiyassu’alaat doa it is kaffarat (atonement) for 60 years and the sins and dayn (debts) of Dunya will be eased. It is a tradition that on this day we encourage and teach even young children to do roza, as much as they are able, depending on their age. This is to impress upon children the importance of this day, the ihsaan of Rasulullah, and our identity as Muslims. It is also to begin establishing the habit of roza which, eventually as adults following Rasulullah’s Shari’at, they will do for 30 consecutive days in Shehrullah.
On Me'raaj night and Mabas day, Mumineen are urged to follow these amal details,
- Mumineen should pray Washeq on Me'raaj night. Click here to view PDF for Washeq niyyat and doa on Me’raaj ni raat – 27mi raat.
- Shehzada Dr. Aziz Bhaisaheb will lead Maghrib Isha Namaaz and Washeq in Mazaar-e-Qutbi Iwan Complex, insha’Allah and deliver Wasila Mubaraka. Mumineen are invited thereafter for Salawat Jaman.
- Mumineen should listen to Wasila mubaraka of Syedna Taher Fakhruddin TUS from 1439H after Washeq namaaz (recording starts from Waqulil hamdo lillahil)
- Muminen should recite qasida mubaraka ‘Tahan-Nabi’ composed by Syedna Taher Saifuddin on Mab’as day, 27 mi Rajab, presented with audio recording and English translation
- Mazoon-e-Dawat Syedi wa Maulaya Abdeali Bhaisaheb Saifuddin AAB will preside over Waaz Majlis at 10:30am India time in Mazaar-e-Qutbi Iwan Complex, insha’Allah. Waaz Mubarak will be broadcast live on YouTube
Mumineen may also read, The Pillar of Islam - Namaaz (Rasulullah’s Me’raj), written by Shehzada Dr Aziz Bhaisaheb Qutbuddin last year that narrates that in the Da’aimul Islam it is explained that obligatory Namaaz prayers were, originally, 50 (yes, FIFTY), until Allah Ta’ala in His benevolence reduced them to 5. The reason for that was that on the night of Me’raj, when Rasulullah SA was returning, Musa Nabi SA asked him about the commands that he was given by Allah Ta’ala...
Mumineen may also read, Mab'as and Me'raj – A Lesson for Today, written by Shehzada Dr Aziz Bhaisaheb Qutbuddin two years ago that narrates the zikr about the night of Me’raj when Rasulullah was informed by Jibra’eel that the angels of the highest heavens (Mala’e A’la) are arguing about what is most virtuous of these three things: performing wuzu in the bitter cold, walking to imamat namaaz and pious gatherings, and waiting for one namaaz after the other...
Mumineen may also read, Muslim Identity, written by Shehzada Dr Aziz Bhaisaheb Qutbuddin last year. Rasulullah SA was sent as the Messenger of Islam on the 27th of Rajab, the day of “Mab’as”. It is a momentous day for the Islamic Ummah and we commemorate it by observing rozu. It is the day in which Rasulullah pronounced the prophetic and profound words “la ilaha illa Allah” (there is no God but Allah)...