20 March 2023
18 Zil Hijja 1444H | 6th July 2023
Syedna Taher Fakhruddin TUS will preside over Waaz Majlis and Misaaq at 10:30am in Mazaar-e-Qutbi Complex followed by Zohr Asr Namaaz, insha’Allah. Syedna TUS will also lead Maghrib Isha Namaaz on Thursday, after which Mumineen are invited for Iftar Jaman.
On this auspicious occasion, Mumineen should perform the following amal:
- Mumineen should do roza on the Day of Ghadeer-e-Khumm. The roza is waajib and can be done even if one is travelling - if this roza is missed it should be made up at a later date.
- At the time of zawaal (before praying Zohor namaaz) Mumineen should pray two rak’at shukran lillah followed by doa (Click here for niyyat and doa PDF). The doa has been presented here with an English translation.
- An audio recitation of the doa has been presented here.
- After praying the doa, Mumineen should listen to wasila mubaraka of Syedna Taher Fakhruddin from 1439H.
- Mumineen should pray Syedna Taher Saifuddin RA Qasida “Al-Yawma Eid-u-Ghadeer-e Khummi", published with English translation and audio recording.
- Mumineen should pray Dawat ni Zaban salam by Yaqutato Dawatil Haqq Shehzadi Dr Bazat Tahera Baisaheba.
- Those who are unable to do the aforementioned amal on Ghadeer day, due to illness or Muminaat not praying namaaz, should do the amal – both roza and namaaz – on another day (waalwu).
Live Waaz Mubarak Relay
- Syedna TUS Waaz Mubarak will be broadcast live on YouTube at 10.30 am India time insha'Allah.
- It is a tradition that on the day of Eid-e-Ghadeer-e-Khum each Mumin renews their Misaaq. For those not in Mumbai, Syedna TUS has graciously granted raza for Misaaq through Zoom. Misaaq will be held immediately after Waaz Mubarak. Registration is required to participate in Misaaq on Zoom. Register here.
- Mumineen who require assistance to register for Zoom are also requested to contact firstname.lastname@example.org or click here.
- Mumineen should dress appropriately and note that they must stay on camera. Participants must also join with their full name.
Jadeed (New) Misaaq
"What is the meaning of Misaaq, the Pledge of Allegiance? Why is it compulsory to give Misaaq to the Imam and Dai?" Majalis al Hikma | Syedna Taher Fakhruddin TUS - Is Misaaq a shackle of bondage and slavery - ‘ghulaami’? Does one have a choice whether to give Misaaq or not? The Quran Majeed speaks of Misaaq - the pledge of allegiance - in more than 70 verses. What is the meaning of Misaaq? What is the need for Misaaq?
The Significance of Eid-e-Ghadeer-e-Khum: read this article explaining some aspects of Syedna al-Mu’ayyad al-Shirazi's Majlis delivered on the day of Eid e Ghadeer-e-Khum.
The Principle & Legacy of the Nass of Ghadeer: read this article which narrates from waaz on Ghadeer-e-Khum, when Syedna Khuzaima Qutbuddin RA explained that Rasulullah declared Nass in Ghadeer-e-Khum in such a manner and with such wisdom that he established and instituted the succession of the Imams till the Day of Judgment.
Read this article which offers a brief historical setting of Fatimid Cairo and describes the nature and significance of processions and banquets in Eid-e-Ghadir-Khum.