Mumineen should observe ‘laagan’ on Aashura day. Laagan is like roza in the sense that we refrain from all food and drink from dusk to dawn, but the niyyat is of laagan – that is refraining from food and drink in remembrance of the thirst and hunger of Imam Husain SA and his Ahle Bayt and Ashaab. In the afternoon children should be given a small snack so that they have strength for maatam.
Mumineen should observe all adab of Majlis as they do in Masjid and immerse themselves throughout the day in the remembrance and grieving of Imam Husain SA. The full day should be spent in remembrance and mourning, in any spare time Mumineen should pray Ya Sayyida al-Shuhadaa’i marsiya and Fulkul Husain and do tasbeeh of Imam Husain SA 128 times (as per the adad of Husain – just as Ali is 110).
Aashura Day Morning Waaz
- Shehzada Dr Husain Bhaisaheb's live waaz will be broadcast at 11AM EST on Tuesday Muharram 10 (October 11). Click here to view the broadcast
- Mumineen who are unable to listen to the live waaz because of time differences, should view recording of Syedna Khuzaima Qutbuddin RA 1411H waaz. Click here to view.
Aashura Day Zohr Asr Namaaz and Wasila
- After zawaal, Mumineen should pray Zohr Faraz with Sunnat and Naafelat. After Zohr Naafelat Mumineen should pray Imam Husain Taqarrub namaaz and Syedna Taher Saifuddin RA, Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin RA, Syedna Khuzaima Qutbuddin RA Tawassul Namaaz followed by namaaz for doa for tulul umar of Dai al-Asr. Click here to view PDF.
- Mumineen should listen to wasila recording of Shehzada Dr Husain Bhaisaheb from last year after tawassul namaz, Click here to view.
- After wasila Mumineen should pray Asr Sunnat and Faraz.
Aashura Day Aqa Husain SA Maqtal Bayaan
- Shehzada Dr Husain Bhaisaheb's live Maqtal Bayaan will be broadcast at approximately 4.15PM EST on Tuesday Muharram 10 (October 11) Click here to view the broadcast.
- Mumineen who are unable to listen to the live Maqtal Bayaan because of time differences, should view recording of the Maqtal Bayaan by Syedna Khuzaima Qutbuddin RA from Indore 1411H, view below or click here to view.
Maghrib Isha and Iftaar
- After Maghrib Namaz Mumineen should pray ‘Ya Muhsinu qad jaa’akal musee’ doa and ‘allahumma ya mu’tias su’alaat’ doa before iftaar. Click here to view PDF.