The last ten days of Shehrullah are known as the ten days of ‘itqun-minan-naar (freedom from hellfire) based on the khutba of Rasulullah SA in the last days of Shabaan. In these ten days, as in Shehrullah as a whole, Mumineen are encouraged to do the following:
1 – ROZA: Continue Shehrullah Roza.
2 –NAMAAZ: Pray all five farizat namaz on time with their respective sunnat and naafilat. As Rasulullah SA has said, in Shehrullah the sawaab for praying one farizat is the equivalent of praying 70 farizat in other months and praying sunnat in Shehrullah is equivalent in sawaab to praying farizat in other months.
- Fajr: Sunnat 1 salaam before faraz
- Zohr: Sunnat 3 salaams before faraz and Nafilat 2 salaams after faraz
- Asar: Sunnat 2 salaam before faraz
- Maghrib: Sunnat 3 salaams after faraz and 1 salaam for ‘daf’il aafaat’
- Isha: Sunnat 2 salaam before faraz and Nafilat 2 salaams after faraz
- Amal Details for 21mi raat washeq are published here
- Amal Details for Lailatul Qadr are published here
- Amal Details for 30mi raat are published here
3 – AAKHIR JUMO’A & NABI NA NAAM
- Do tasbeeh of salawaat on Anbiyaa’ SA (Nabi na naam) and pray two rak’ats for “ibtighaa’ al-Fadl was sawaab” after nabi na naam the following times:
- 25mi raat Shehrullah (Thursday 7 June) – After Isha Nafilaat
- 25mi Shehrullah (Friday 8 June) – Before Zohr Sunnat (but after zawaal)
- 26mi raat (Friday 8 June) to 30mi raat Shehrullah (Tuesday 12 June) – After Isha Nafilaat
Click below to listen to the audio of Nabi naam, namaaz niyaat and doa, and click here for the PDF of the doa and namaaz niyyat.
- Click below to listen to the audio of Aakhir Jumoa nu Din Wasila mubaraka of Syedna Fakhruddin TUS from 1438H.
4 – 30MI RAAT
- Click here for amal details and wasila mubaraka of Syedna Taher Fakhruddin TUS.
- Allahumma haadha shahru Ramadan after each faraz (Dawat ni Zaban, English translations and audio recording of Syedna Burhanuddin RA available).
- Doa of Imam Ali Zainul Aabideen SA after Fajr namaaz (Dawat ni Zaban, English translations and audio/video recording of Syedna Fakhruddin TUS reciting this doa available).
- Doa after Zohor nafilat (English translation and audio available)
- On 30mi Tarikh instead of reciting the above doa please recite the Wadaa doa. Click below for the recording of Syedna Fakhruddin TUS reciting this doa.
- Allahumma ya mu’tiy as su’aalaat after Maghrib Namaaz, before iftaar (Dawat ni Zaban, English translations and audio recording available)
6 –QURAN: Pray at least one sipara of Quran Majeed a day so that you can complete one full Quran in the month. Some dedicated banda-s of Allah complete one full Quran recitation every single day in Ramadan. For those who are not fluent, there are many websites which have full audio of Quran-e-Majeed so you can recite alongside the recitation. For those who cannot read the Arabic script at all, there are transliterated Quran (the Arabic Quran written in English script), which you can use until you are able to master the Arabic script.
7 –BIHORI: Pray Bihori as much as possible, especially namaaz and doa for ‘itqun-minan-naar (freedom from hellfire). Details of Bihori with accompanying translation and audios of some doas have been published here.
Mumineen are also encouraged to read these Sijill articles that discuss the importance and significance of Shehruallah from a historical and contemporary perspective
Sijill Article 22 - Bihori- Alone in the Darkness of the Night "As we approach the Layali Faazela in Shehrullah (17mi, 19mi and 21mi raat), and then Lailatul Qadar, we must occupy ourselves with the ‘ibaadat of Allah Ta'ala in these auspicious nights..." by Shehzada Dr Aziz Bhaisaheb Qutbuddin.
Sijill Article 73 - Maulana Ali’s Wasiyyat –Advice and Wise Counsel – Before His Shahaadat "During his last Shehrullah Amirul Mumineen SA lived in Kufa, Iraq. On the morning of the 19th of Shehrullah, Ibn Muljim -- one of the Kharijites who escaped from the battle with the Khawaarij (those who abandoned and denounced Amirul Mumineen after the battle of Siffeen) -- struck a deadly blow with his sword to Maulana Ali while he was praying Tahiyyatul Masjid in Jame’ Kufa..." by Shehzada Dr Aziz Bhaisaheb Qutbuddin