The first ten days of Shehrullah are known as the ten days of Rehmat based on the khutba of Rasulullah SA published here. In these ten days, Mumineen are encouraged to follow these amal details:
- NAMAAZ: Pray all five Farizat Namaaz on time with their respective Sunnat and Naafilat. As Rasulullah said, in Shehrullah the sawaab for praying one Farizat is equivalent to praying 70 Farizat in other months, and praying Sunnat in Shehrullah is equivalent in sawaab to praying Farizat in other months.
- Allahumma Haadha Shahru Ramadaan - after each faraz (Dawat ni Zaban and English translations, and audio of Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin RAavailable).
- Imam Ali Zainul Aabideen SA Doa - after Fajr Namaaz (Dawat ni Zaban and English translations and audio/video of Syedna Taher Fakhruddin TUS available).
- After Zohor Nafilat Doa (English translation and audio available).
- Allahumma ya mu’tiy as su’aalaat - after Maghrib Namaaz, before iftaar (Dawat ni Zaban and English translations, and audio available).
- QURAN: Pray at least one sipara of Quran Majeed a day so that you can complete one full Quran in the month. Some dedicated Mumineen complete one full Quran recitation every single day in Ramadan. For those who are not fluent, there are many WEBSITES which have full audio of Quran-e-Majeed so you can recite alongside the recitation. For those who cannot read the Arabic script at all, there are transliterated Quran (the Arabic Quran written in English script), which you can use until you are able to master the Arabic script.
- BIHORI: Pray Bihori as much as possible.
Sijill articles that discuss the importance and significance of Shehruallah from a historical and contemporary perspective
- Sijill Article 19 - Approaching the Month of Ibadaat: In this article, Shehzada Dr Aziz Bhaisaheb Qutbuddin quotes the Quranic ayat, And I did not create the jinn and mankind except for ‘ibaadat [that they may worship Me, and its significance
- Sijill Article 70 - An Honored Guest, Shehrullah: In this article, Shehzada Dr Aziz Bhaisaheb discusses Syedna Taher Saifuddin's bayaan in his third Risalat entitled Zahrur-Riyadil-Azaliyya (1338H)in which he likened Shehrullah, “to a guest who has come to give us the greatest gains for this World and the Hereafter.”
- Sijill Article 121 - The Crescent (Hilaal) of Ramadaan: Shehzada Dr Aziz Bhaisaheb narrates that when Rasulullah SA left Madina for one of the battles before Shehrullah, his Ashaab asked him, “we used to fast with you and do iftaar with you, how will we know when to start in your absence?” Rasulullah answered “do roza by seeing him and do iftaar by seeing him.”