The Qutbi Jubilee Scholarship Program (QJSP) was founded by our revered father, Syedna Khuzaima Qutbuddin RA on the eve of the Golden Jubilee celebrations in 2011. These celebrations commemorated the completion of Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin’s RA 50 years as the 52nd Dai-l-Mutlaq and also the 50 years of Syedna Qutbuddin as the trusted Mazoon-l-Mutlaq of Syedna Burhanuddin. QJSP aims to raise awareness of the importance of higher education especially within the Dawoodi Bohra community and to help students achieve their full potential - making sure that financial incapacity would not stand in the way of their success. Since its conceptualization, this program has coupled the importance of good character and education. Every stage of the process encourages and promotes high standards of academic scholarship as well as community service. QJSP is an academic scholarship fund as well as a holistic support system, that aims to guide and nurture its students through a mentorship network so that they may achieve their full potential.
Higher Education Application Process – 2018/2019 Academic Year Application Deadline: May 31, 2018.
- Applicant submits online (or print) application by May 31, 2018.
- Local QJSP field officer visits applicant and his/her family after which submitting feedback to the QJSP Committee
- QJSP Committee arranges interview with the applicant
- QJSP Committee arranges academic counseling or career counseling with applicant if necessary
- QJSP Committee informs applicant of final scholarship/interest-free-loan amount granted and accepted applicants receive an acceptance portfolio and payment made directly to school/institution
- Scholarship recipient is introduced to his or her mentor
- Scholarship recipient must complete minimum 40 hours of community service and submit quarterly reports in order to be eligible for renewal
Visit QJSP.org for more details about the committee, donating, and for the primary scholarship application process.