In the early 1390’sH (1970’s) the town of Galiakot, adjacent to the mazaar of Syedi Fakhruddin Shaheed, was expected to be submerged due to the building of the nearby Mahi Dam. Negotiations had been long ongoing for the allotment of a piece of land for the mumineen who would be displaced by the flooding. Syedna Qutbuddin then undertook to spearhead the effort and he personally met and convinced the Chief Minister of Rajasthan to allot a plot of land close to Fakhri Mazar. The qubba is actually visible from the masjid. The land was allocated, the masjid built and inaugurated by Syedna and the new township, named Muhammadiyya, was inhabited. It is the only town in the world named after Syedna Burhanuddin and the only town that is inhabited exclusively by mumineen.
We are pleased to present a short video on fatemidawat.com of Syedna Mohammed Burhanuddin RA performing the iftitah of the Mohammediyya Masjid accompanied by his Mazoon and Mansoos Syedna Khuzaima Qutbuddin TUS. The first part of the video shows Syedna Burhanuddin RA opening the ribbon while doing the iftitah of the Masjid (the narration is original at the time of taking video) and the second part of the video shows Syedna Burhanuddin doing alaamat on the Masjid’s waqaf document.